Today I had the pleasure of teaching a yoga class. I have been teaching and practicing yoga for 19 years and because of that you might wonder, why was today so much more pleasurable than any other day.
Today, I felt so much gratitude for being there. For having given myself this gift so long ago and for having this gift passed down from so many generations. Such an ancient practice that is still relevant in this modern day.
I remember the day I decided to become a yoga teacher. I was sitting in class with my teacher, who at the time, taught classes at her home in Santa Barbara. I could imagine myself having a home yoga studio just like her. I knew it was what I wanted and so I began practicing and studying to teach. At that same time, I was in college studying Mechanical Engineering.
Even though many of my family members thought I was crazy for pursuing yoga, I still kept my dream alive.
Our dreams and desires are meant for us. They aren’t meant for others. Each of us is unique and so are our desires.
I have been pursuing my “out of the ordinary” dreams since then. This is what I have learned in the process.
- You will take risks.
- You may live unconventionally and you have to be okay with that.
- You have learn to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Change will become your best alli.
- Not everyone will like your dreams but that is okay because they aren’t for them to like.
- You will surround yourself with others who support your dreams and you will support theirs.
- You must speak your dreams out loud.
- Asking for what you want is number 1.
- Receiving it with open arms is as important as asking.
- Asking for support and celebrating the smallest steps is HUGE.
In January, I am leading an in-person day long journey in my home (details here). I am leading it in January because it is winter and winter is a time to get cozy, go inward and reflect on what we have created. And it is also a time to plant the seeds for new beginnings. It is also the New Moon so we will be harnessing that energy as well!
Spend the day with me as I guide you through a journey of intention, release, and expansion.
- We will meet in my home in Livermore, CA.
- We will begin our journey together with a yoga practice to ground your body and mind and set your energy up for the day.
- Then we will move into circle and I will guide you through practices that will help you harness the energy to state your desires for the year.
- We will break for a nourishing lunch, created by the talented Giovanna Garcia.
- After lunch we will gather together in sisterhood for special cacao ceremony to open our hearts to what is true for us.
- We will end the day learning how to harness the energy of devotion to our creations.
You will feel supported, celebrated and spacious. Setting you up for expansion and creation in the coming year.
Day: Sunday, January 6th, 2019
Time: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
I am looking forward to having your presence here with me. It is going to be sooooo good.